Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Amazing Plans




A group I belong to, has each member give a blog prompt for the month.  Here's the prompt for August:

Jeremiah 29:11  ~ For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good, and not evil, to give you a future and a hope.

I admit, I've had a hard time with this one.  It's simple and straight forward and I couldn't think of a thing to say to shine a brighter light on it.  It shines brightly all on it's own.

Then....and then, I saw this picture.
This verse came alive to me.  I can't think of a better time to share with a child then when they are still in the crib.


Why do we wait until we are caught up in a way of life that is not God's perfect plan to read and apply this?   Not only do we train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it (Proverbs 22:6) but we should also surround that child with this wonderful promise!

All those loving and precious childhood verses we read our babies, and put on their bedroom walls, are so sweet, but I just love knowing that this could be one of the first promises a child should learn. God DOES have a plan for your life.  He knew you before your were formed in the womb, before you were born, he set you apart, (Jeremiah 1:5).  His wonderful plan for you is good, isn't that exciting!  As a new baby is held in the arms of his Mommy or Daddy...he is being told of this awesome plan God has for his life!

I love a newborn baby.  Full of promise, and miracle and gift from God.  A promise spoken by parents to love and protect....and promise by God that gives all that and more....more then we could ever give on our own.  I pray that all babies have the chance to hear and carry in their heart this promise.


1 comment:

  1. Yes....indeed...wouldn't it be amazing if all babies were taught the love of the Lord?

    ReplyDelete